WELCOME TO THE FMS STUDENT SERVICES WEBSITE!LET US TELL YOU A LITTLE BIT ABOUT OURSELVES...
The Frontier Middle School Student Services Center consists of:
- 3 School Counselors
- 1 School Psychologist
- 1 Social Worker
The Counselors at FMS assists students in many areas such as:
Our goal is to support our students through the changes that take place while they are in the Middle School while also encouraging each student to gain independence, learn problem solving strategies, become a self-advocate, and make plans for their future.
- academic difficulties
- behavioral issues
- scheduling needs
- conflict resolution/mediation
- social skills, transitional periods
- problems outside of school
- career exploration
- high school planning
The School Social Worker provides:
- confidential, individual and group counseling for sixth, seventh, and eighth graders
- teacher/parent consultation
- IEP Counseling
- assistance students and their families navigate through adolescence and challenging life situations
The School Psychologist:
- utilizes specialized training in both psychology and education to collaborate with parents, teachers, and other mental health professionals to create a safe, healthy, and supportive learning environment.
- works mainly with students with an IEP or 504
- completes psychological testing to help determine if a student needs additional services
- is responsible to chair the Committee on Special Education Meetings that take place throughout the school year.
Student Services also works in conjunction with parents and teachers to ensure the best possible learning environment for our students. Parents can call Student Services at 926-1730 x3452 for social and emotional issues your child may be having, new student registration, help with parent/teacher communication, or outside counseling referrals.